Now I know I said on my video that I would do a short writen review of the amazing iTwin USB drive, so here we go.
What is the iTwin?
In short the iTwin is a USB based storage device that acts and looks like a flash drive, but with one big difference.
The iTwin comes in 2 half’s which looks a bit weird at first but all makes sense when you start using it, once set up the iTwin acts as a very high security file sharing device that can be accessed from any computer with an internet connection.
Basically a more secure and allot cooler version of Drop Box.
How do you use the iTwin?
Setting up the iTwin is as easy and plug and play, while leaving the 2 half’s connected you plug one end into the computer you want access too, a quick setup later and you’re ready to go.
All that is left to do now is once the iTwin folder is open is to drag the files or folders you want to access on the move into the folder set up by the iTwin, once setup all you have to do is detach the second half and take it with you were ever you need to go.
Accessing your files is as easy as just plug the second half into the computer you want to use and start using your files, exactly like a normal flash drive.
- Very easy to set up, using the plug and play usability any one that can use a flash drive or other media storage device can use an iTwin.
- The iTwin is secured using the best AES-256 encryption, basically extremely hard to hack into.
- While the 2 half’s are apart if you lose one half you can use their security service to lock the connection, meaning if you lose one half and some one finds it, they won’t be able to access your files.
- The only limit to the amount you data you can store is how much hard drive space that is available on your home computer.
- The one and only drawback I can find of the iTwin is it does require and internet connection to work, which in most cases is fine due to pretty much everywhere having internet these days, but if the internet is getting pretty slow on the either end and you have a large file being shared ( For example videos), it will take a while to download the file on the remote end.
In conclusion this device is amazing, I have been using mine now for a few weeks and so far it has replaced my normal 8GB Pretec Bullet Proof drive in every way, I would highly recommend buying the iTwin even though it is priced at £89.99.
Check out the awesome photos and video below.